Blue Cross Blue Shield
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield Cover TMS?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California insurance covers TMS therapy as long as the patient has previously received standard treatments such as medications and talk therapy before applying for TMS therapy.
Other criteria that need to be met for BCBS of CA to cover TMS are:
- Patient must be at least 18 years old but younger than 66 years old
- Patient is not pregnant
- Patient must be diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder
- Patient must have documentation of failure to benefit from standard psychotherapy
- Patient must have tried at least 4 pharmacological agents with evidence of side effects or failure to receive benefits
- Patient can only receive a maximum of 36 TMS sessions
Other Considerations for Psychiatric and Neurological Disorders
While, under the above conditions are met, Major Depressive Disorder can be covered by BCBS insurance — other conditions are not currently covered.
However, BCBS lists the use of treatment for other disorders as investigational and may be covered in the future.
These considerations include:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Migraine headaches
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Life-threatening inanition
We Do The Paperwork for You
Inland Empire TMS accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance for our TMS therapy programs. TMS coverage for Aetna is only covered in an outpatient setting.
Fill out the form below to see if you are an eligible candidate and our admissions specialists will get back to you as soon as possible!