Cigna TMS Insurance Coverage
Does Cigna Cover TMS?
Cigna insurance covers TMS therapy as long as the patient has previously received standard treatments such as medications and talk therapy before applying for TMS therapy.
Other criteria that need to be met for Cigna of CA to cover TMS are:
- Patient must be at least 18 years old
- Patient must be diagnosed with moderate-to-severe unipolar Major Depressive Disorder
- Patient must have documentation of failure to benefit from standard psychotherapy
- Patient must have tried at least 2 antidepressants in at least 2 different classifications of pharmaceuticals for at least 4 weeks each
- Patient can only receive a maximum of 36 TMS sessions over a 4-6 week period
We Do The Paperwork for You
Inland Empire TMS accepts Cigna insurance for our TMS therapy programs. TMS coverage for Cigna is only covered in an outpatient setting.
Fill out the form below to see if you are an eligible candidate and our admissions specialists will get back to you as soon as possible!